Had so many things to jot down but no link to put together, remembered SnS’s post and hence this:
Lately, he has been so forgetful, I am already preparing myself for the day when he’ll ask “Who are you?” to me…
1. Today morning I told him to check with Mantam’s teacher if we are supposed to send something tomorrow as the school diary came with a note that they will have a picnic. And guess what he asked me – “Which class are they studying in by the way?” I said “Nursery” while looking daggers at him, he added “OMG, they are already in Nursery? Really?”
2. I have given Chapathi and Rajma to Mantam and he is telling them “Mantam, you must eat Soya beans. It’s very good for health”. I yell from the kitchen “It’s Rajma!!!”
She is totally smitten by me. She loves me the most.
1. Whenever I wear a Saree and go to pick them up, she tells everyone in the day care “Look, My mamma – saree – nice no?”
2. Now and then, I get to hear “I love you koto koto big much Mamma.” or “Mamma is a good girl”
3. Last Tuesday, their school was off due to Muharram but I had to work. Abbas chose to work from home. He came to pick me up from office along with Mantam. We met their caretaker(CT) and exchanged greetings. Next day, when the CT asked her where they had gone the previous day, she said “We had gone to buy Pampers for Mamma”. That too when we didn’t go to any shop or buy anything at all. I dunno from where she made it up.
4. At night I generally put them to sleep on our bed. Once Abbas comes, we have our dinner and he then transfers them from our bed to their respective cribs. Whenever he lifts her, she shrugs, moves her hands and feet aggressively, makes faces and gets annoyed. But if I lift her, she has a peaceful look on her face and no movements at all. I feel so so good.
1. She has picked up a habit of adding rhyming words to random words. It’s entertaining.Eg: Haso mat, phaso mat Tiger Figer Ambulance Bhambulance
2. Some funny sentences or words formed due to their Khichdi language.In Bulu – Baba, Gaana Jalao na? (Jalao used in place of Chalao) Before sleeping – Mamma, Fan Jhulao na? (Again Jhulao in place of Chalao) When she wanted to sing a song – Main Gaana Singbo (Sing in English, Bo – Bengali) Tammu chale jaaya (Jaaya in place of Gaya)
3. I like to hum ‘DK Bose’ song. (People, don’t give me wierd looks now. I am still 25, very much young and love songs that swear to tear apart the singer’s voice boxes) Abbas said, don’t sing it in front of Mantam. So, I have modified the song and Mannu and I sing it together like this: “Bhaag bhaag mickey mouse, mickey mouse, bhaag bhaag mickey mouse mickey bhaaaag”.
1. All of a sudden, I have entered a phase of my life where I seem to put on weight even if I drink water.
2. Yesterday, I had a severe tiff with an autowala(AW). After rejecting 10-12 autos, I finally got one where I said 50 and he said 60. I said that I won’t give a penny more. He agreed on 50. We got in. We had not even covered quarter the distance and got stuck in a jam.Immediately AW says “Madam, there is so much traffic. You have to give 60” Me: But you agreed for 50. AW: But due to traffic, you should give 60. Me: You can’t change what we agreed upon. How would you feel if I say I’ll give you 40? AW: For just 10 rupees, why are you creating a big fuss? Me: What is 10 Rupees to you is 10 Rupees to me too. I slog and earn, and not lie to people and earn. AW: You get down here and go in some other auto. Me: Why should I get down? Had you not agreed on 50, I would’ve looked for another auto. Why did you agree in the first place? He kept on arguing and demeaning me saying how I am unjust in not paying 10 Rs. extra and not empathizing him with great sorrow that the traffic has bestowed upon him. Finally he said “Okay, I will drop you back to where I picked you from” and took a U-turn. I told him to stop in between so that I could take another auto from there but he was adamant and dropped me exactly where he picked me up from AW: If you can’t compromise on 10 Rs. I will not drop you in between. Tammu: Mamma, is this a Bad Uncle? Me: Yes, this is a very Bad Uncle. Grrrr
I dunno if I made a scene out there, but I didn’t like the way he demanded that 10 Rs. There are times when we are stuck in a jam and when Autowalas sport sad faces, I have given them extra 10 bucks. Anyway, in all this drama, I had to suffer coz my maid had left after waiting for me for almost 45 mins. But still I felt good by not giving in to that AW’s demands.