The Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award says:
Nominate 15 fellow Bloggers –
Share 7 Random things about yourself –
Thank the Blogger who nominated you
Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your Blog Post
Most bloggers I know have already done this tag. So, I wanna keep it open for anyone to pick the tag and go about it.
Before proceeding, I really wanna apologize to Deepsi for I delayed doing the tag for a loooong time. She tagged me just when I was furiously jotting down my travel tales without a break. I just wanted to get done with it. After that when I thought of doing the tag, I wondered what I could write about me!!! Writing about everybody else or everything under the sun is so easy na? But when it comes to writing just 7 facts about myself, I was dumbfounded. Well, I brainstormed for the past many days and have come up with these. Here I go:
1. When I talk on phone I sincerely listen to the person on the other end and my ears turn opaque to any sound in my vicinity. Abbas gets really frustrated with this habit of mine. There have been instances when I’m talking to some Service Centre or Customer Care guys and Abbas is prompting me to ask something important but alas, I don’t hear it! I talk whatever I have in mind and just hang up. I don’t even ask the other person to hold the call and check with Abbas what he is trying to say coz I’m too engrossed in the call to even notice that he is trying to say something.
2. I might be a food blogger and cooking like crazy at home. But I almost always mess up when it comes to the right amount of salt in any dish. In spite of 5+ years of rigorous cooking, I have not been able to perfect this. There, I said it folks!!!
3. I have extremely sensitive ears and nose. I always seem to hear softest of whispers. About my nose, if you ask Abbas, he will say that I was a dog in my previous birth. I hold a record of 100% strike rate in detecting if Abbas had smoked when he came home even if he had taken a puff hours ago.
4. I am an extremist and I can stretch myself too hard when an urge to do anything strikes. Abbas says – “Oh the worm in your head has woken up eh?”. If the cleaning worm rises, you’ll see me mopping, wiping, scrubbing, sweeping, washing everything under the roof of our house left right center as if there’s no tomorrow. If I have the urge to eat something, I will either pressurize Abbas to take me to some eatery which serve it or look up the net furiously and most likely prepare it at home.
5. I am not a religious person at all. Before marriage, I used to only go to temple twice or thrice a year that too when imposed by Amma. That does not mean I am an atheist. I do believe in God but not in the ways of worshiping God! I feel that doing good deeds, being honest and sincere is the way to win’s God’s heart. I do not affirm in praying to God by the rigid ways dictated by various religions. But I respect other’s religious beliefs and expect them to not dishonor mine.
6. I had so many hobbies, but ever since Mantam happened I haven’t been able to pursue any of them. Now that they are growing up, I am slowly getting back to Crafts, Mehndi, Reading and Travelling. I dream of having our own house fully decorated with all my handmade artwork. Err… I will keep Mantam and Ma’s too! Yeah, I’m generous that ways 😀
7.I love to eat, live to eat, love to cook and feed people. Period.
Happy Weekend people 🙂