Ma came on Saturday morning and brought lots of goodies from Kolkata. We stepped out of home just today morning after having stepped in on Friday night. (Oh, Abbas had gone to pick Ma from the railway station early Saturday morning)
1. No matter how clean and orderly the house is, Ma is sure to find at least one thing that is dirty and declare that it would have been clean had she been there.
2. Both days spent with Ma talking 25X2 and hardly listening to any other sound around.
3. Had Red Amaranthus leaves part of our menu both days which we all heart but don’t find good variety here in Bangalore.
4. Gave final touch to the balcony which I had been intending to reserve only for my plants. Shifted other hoarded stuff to the other balcony.
5. Made Masala Dosa after 5 months, last being when Ma had left, coz she loves them.
6. Finally inaugurated the Quilling Kit that was bought from Dilli Haat during our trip but it didn’t see the day light so far. Planned to make a ‘heart themed’ card to send across to Shruthi’s event but eventually ran out of ideas midway 😦
7. Watched a Bengali-classic Satyajit-Ray (oxymoron?) movie ‘Sonar Kella’ – courtesy Abbas and as usual I just couldn’t sit idly during the course of the movie. So, did some more quilling and tried some new patterns.
8. Had asked Ma to get the folder which had lots of memories of our long distance secret courtship days. Giggled like a teen while going through the storehouse of cards, letters, boarding passes (the day we eloped), a used hanky of mine that Abbas had asked to send (which now stunk), lipstick marks, mushy lines, dreams of future, agony of leaving parents, dilemma of carrying on with the relationship and what not!
Inspiration for Pop up Heart: Cards, Crafts and Kids Projects