I neglected this space for quite some time now. Had my hands full with lots of things to do both at work and home. Also, was demotivated due to absence of few fellow bloggers 😦 When I received e-mails from a couple of readers inquiring my whereabouts, I was touched. It really feels great to know that there are people whom you don’t know personally, have never met but they think of you and care for you… I couldn’t stay away longer than this 😀 Since I’m not sure of what to write in this post, I’m gonna randomly write in pointers what kept me occupied these days!
– Ma is here and she is getting bored alone at home during weekdays. I ordered 2 Bengali books for her from Flipkart but she is reading them at her own sweet pace and getting bored again. She asked me to buy an ‘Anchor Stitch Kit’ for her. I did not want buy another one as she has already finished 4 of them, 2 are at BIL’s and 2 here which are framed and adorning our home walls. I did not want any more of them on the walls. I came up with an idea, got 3 pillow covers stitched out of plain off-white cloth, drew patterns of birds and butterflies on them. She is now stitching away to glory 🙂 And I can’t wait to change the pillow covers ASAP.
– Have been reading rigorously much to Abbas’ annoyance and my amusement. He missed the bugging calls I would make on days that he would be late as I would be celebrating the extra time on hand to turn a few more pages and he would be shocked to see me sulk on days he arrived sooner than his normal time 😀 I read ‘The Palace of Illusions’, ‘Not Without my Daughter’, ‘The Reluctant Detective’. Had begun reading ‘The Mistress of Spices’ when another book arrived from Blog Adda where I registered for their ‘Book Reviews’ program. (Review to come up soon)
– Painted a used pet bottle using glass painting colours, but dunno what to do with it now. Last resort is to make it a vase
– With my green thumb itching to do some more for the small balcony garden that we had, enhanced it a bit further by including few more plants, 2 hanging pots on either side of the wind chime. Money plant is growing at a fast pace, curry leaves plant is saving me from buying the leaves, another small plant (dunno its name) had almost dried out and I was on the verge to shed tears when I planted it properly by changing the soil and adding a dash of compost and voila, in a few days, the plant had a re-birth with new leaves and yesterday I saw three buds on it. Ma planted chilli seeds and for a long time there was no sign of any change in the planter. Some research on growing chillies at home told me that it needs sunlight in exuberance which led to moving it on the balcony sill. Friday morning we saw chilli sprouts and leaves from there. I have now sown some coriander seeds, lets see if it works out.
– Scribby had brought some gifts for Mantam as we had planned for a Bloggers’ meet during her stay in Bangalore. But due to unavoidable circumstances, none of us could meet her. RS collected the gifts from her friend’s place and passed it on to one of my friends. I collected it last weekend and Mantam were super excited to see their gifts. They have been stuck to the books, completed many of the activities. Spoke to Scribby to let her know that we finally got the gifts she had so lovingly brought. Loved speaking to her, didn’t feel even for a moment that I was speaking to her for the first time. And to RM, I got Chirpy’s name right 🙂 Hi-five to R and sticking tongue out to you 😀
Apart from these, have been cooking, eating, cleaning, shopping as usual. Will post pictures of everything I talked about here in the next post. Hope to post regularly now 🙂