WordPress sent me the statistics for 2012 and all I wanted to do was crawl under a rock and never come back. I hang my head in shame to admit that my beloved readers would have visited my space more often than I did! When I look back to think what kept me away, I don’t have a strong alibi to justify my absence. I have been busy with umpteen things at hand but then I was this busy even earlier when I regularly blogged. The only change was that I would blog from work which I’m unable to these days. When RS proposed a blogging marathon, I grabbed it with both hands. This had to be my come back vehicle. (Hopes to live up to complete the month long marathon without any glitches)
To fill in the gap, let me list out all that I plan to write about in the coming posts:
- Of course Mantamisms, I have mentally made notes of several of them already. They are the USP of this blog after all 😀
- Our Goa trip during Diwali, it might serve as fodder for 2-3 days at least.
- Mantam’s school hunt in Bangalore! That was an experience worth jotting down for posterity
- Few tips on parenting that I took away from a parenting workshop I attended some time back
- Picture only posts (which will be my breathers on days I’m unable to type or think) of our birds, plants, food and lots of craft that I made in the last couple of months.
Apart from these, random posts will also fill in impromptu. You must be thinking why I’m bragging ahead about what I’m going to post! This is more a reminder to myself to not do the disappearing act midway!!!
Before I conclude this post, let me leave you with a few pics of Black Forest Gateau I prepared to celebrate Abbas’s birthday. This is the first time my four layered cake hasn’t toppled. My heart missed a beat when Abbas cut into it and the layers were perfect. I have been preening all day and kept on opening the fridge to glance at the leftover cake and it’s layers… Also on the menu today was Biryani, Tikka Kebabs, Raita, Raw Mango Chutney and Payasam. And the birthday boy has started subtracting a year from his age from the past couple of years. Even Ma had called today and she pretends to have forgotten her basic Maths while counting her son’s age, Gah!!!
Signing off for today wishing all of us a safer and just country to live in. With all the recent turn of events, I don’t have the heart to wish anyone a happy new year.