Mantam’s school teacher sent a message that they were going to host Pretend Play for kids. We had to dress Mannu as a chef and Tammu as a beautician. I was very busy that week to make any arrangements for their costumes. Finally on the eve of the event, Abbas and I brainstormed to achieve the respective avatars with whatever was available at home.
Mission chef avatar:
1. They have only one white shirt but it has some cartoon characters in the front.
2. To cover the cartoons, we used Abbas’s white vest
3. The straps of the vest were adjusted and the length was fine to look as if it was an apron.
4. Made a cylindrical white hat by simply stapling white construction paper.
5. Gave her a balloon whisk to complete the look.
Mission beautician avatar:
1. Put on a casual dress on her.
2. Used the Indane Suraksha apron that has 3 pockets to hold scissors and comb.
3. The length of the apron was reduced by folding the bottom and pinning it up.
4. Styled her hair with tiny plaits, put on some kajal and vaseline lip balm.